Banana and oat pancakes, makes 12 mini pancakes, perfect for small hands!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup flour *
- 1/2 cup rolled oats *
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk **
- 1 banana, mashed
- Sprinkle cinnamon
- Coconut oil or batter for frying the pancakes in
Can be gluten free *
Can be dairy free, eg almond milk **
- Whisk the egg in a large bowl
- Add in the flour, oats and baking powder and mix well
- Add in the milk – you may need to add a little more if the mixture is too heavy
- Stir in the banana and cinnamon
- Melt coconut oil or butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and drop tablespoons of the mixture into the pan. When bubbles start to appear on the surface, flip the pancakes over and fry for a minute on the other side
- Serve immediately, or allow to cool then store in the fridge for another day
- My kids love these with mixed fruits and a drizzle of honey, or spread with jam or peanut butter!
- Other flavour combinations that work well in these pancakes are grated apple and carrot, banana and coconut, or blueberries and raspberries.