Courgette fries and dippy egg
As featured in my blog post, Eggs
- 2 small courgettes, or 1 whopper
- 45g parmesan, grated
- 1 egg, whisked
- Salt and pepper, a pinch of each
- Paprika, a pinch (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 200°c (400°f, gas mark 6)
- Slice the courgettes into ‘soldier’ size batons.
- Prepare the egg and cheese baths in shallow bowls.
- Dip each soldier into the egg and then the cheese, and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle any remaining cheese over the top of the soldiers on the baking sheet (we had none left, as my boys were very liberal in their egg and cheese dousing and dredging)
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and paprika if using.
- Into the oven for 15 mins before turning the soldiers carefully with a spatula, then turn the oven down to 170°c (325°f, gas mark 3) for a further 8 to 10 minutes until they are a crispy golden brown colour.
- Whilst the soldiers are in the oven, soft boil the eggs. 3 minutes, once the water is boiling should do it.
- Serve the soldiers immediately with the soft boiled eggs. Enjoy!