Sweet potato porridge
As featured in my blog post, Sweet potato challenge
- The flesh from a baked sweet potato, mashed (about 90g)
- Grated carrot (about 40g)
- 70g oats (could use gluten free)
- 400ml of milk or almond milk, or a mix of milk and water depending on your taste
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Teaspoon of coconut oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a pan and mix well to combine. Cook over a medium to high heat until the porridge is thickened and smelling delicious, takes about 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir through the coconut oil, then it’s ready for toppings!
- Mango, blueberries and almonds are a great trio, or why not try chopped mixed nuts, pear slices and dessicated coconut?