Butternut squash, carrot and quinoa chilli
- 140g uncooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 red onions, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 600g butternut squash, cubed
- 200g carrots, chopped
- 800g tinned tomatoes
- 200g kidney beans, drained
- Fresh coriander, sliced red chilli and greek yoghurt, to serve
- Cover the quinoa with boiling water in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan before adding the onions, garlic and spices and cooking over a medium heat for about 7 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the butternut squash and carrot and cook for 5 minutes before adding the tinned tomatoes and cooking until the vegetables have started to soften, about 25 minutes.
- Drain the cooked quinoa and add to the pan with some extra water to loosen the sauce, and continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans for the final few minutes of cooking to warm through, then serve. piled on plates and sprinkled with as much chilli, coriander and greek yoghurt as you’d like. I love this with a perfectly ripe avocado to contrast to the heat from the chilli – delicious!