Cauliflower ‘carbonara’ pasta sauce
As featured in my Cauliflower blog
- 1 medium cauliflower
- Teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 125ml unsweetened Almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Juice of a lemon
- 1/2 a teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the cauli into florets and cook in boiling water for 5-7 mins until soft, then drain and leave to cool.
- Add the oil to a frying pan with the garlic and fry gently until soft but not burned.
- Add the cauli, garlic, milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice and seasonings to a blender and blitz until silky smooth.
- Voila, it’s ready to smother your pasta of choice! I like to add some wilted spinach and sundried tomatoes to my pasta for an even tastier dish.