Chilli cheese mac, serves 6
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- 240g kidney beans
- 240g pinto beans
- 240g black beans
- 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 165g tinned sweetcorn
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 500g passata
- 300g dried macaroni pasta
- Grated cheddar cheese (to serve)
- Chop the onion and garlic finely, then add to a large pan with the olive oil and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add in the flour and chilli powder and stir well, making sure that the flour doesn’t start to burn on the bottom of the pan.
- Add in the kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes , vegetable stock and passata and stir well.
- Add in the macaroni pasta and bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer whilst it thickens and the pasta cooks.
- Once the sauce is thick and the pasta is cooked, ladle into bowls, sprinkle with cheese and get stuck in!