Fennel, pepper, carrot and almond quinoa salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and sliced
- 150g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced finely
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 20g fresh mint, leaves chopped
- 50g toasted almonds
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan and fry the fennel, carrots, pepper, onion and garlic over a medium heat for 5 minutes, then add the spices and tomato puree and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Stir the seasoned vegetable mixture into the pre cooked quinoa.
- Scatter with the toasted almonds and chopped mint leaves to serve.