Jewelled couscous salad, serves 2
- 200g wholewheat couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 30g fresh mint, chopped
- 30g fresh parsley, chopped
- 100g pomegranate seeds
- 100g feta cheese
- Prepare the couscous as per the packet instructions and fluff up with a fork once ready.
- Add the oil, zest and juice of the lemon, the chopped herbs, pomegranate seeds and feta, and season.
- Serve the salad as a side dish at a summer barbeque, or for a light lunch with a bowl of soup, or for dinner accompanied by a chunky salmon fillet or a garlicky chicken breast.
- The salad also works well using quinoa or bulgar wheat as the base – give it a try!