- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Tablespoon olive oil
- 200g drained mixed beans (I use a mixture of black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans and chickpeas)
- 50g grated cheese
- 2 wholemeal tortilla wraps
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan with the onion, garlic and cayenne pepper and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in the drained mixed beans and continue to cook, adding in 50ml water when the mixture starts to get dry.
- As the beans start to break down, squash them with the back of your spoon, or use a masher if you like a smoother texture.
- Once the beans are cooked and mashed, spread them over one of the tortillas on a baking sheet, then cover with grated cheese and the other tortilla to form a circular sandwich.
- Pop the baking sheet under the grill and keep an eye on it as it cooks, before flipping over and grilling the other side.
- Allow to cool slightly before cutting into triangle wedges and serving. These are great to dunk into my broccoli soup, or work well as an after school snack or in a delicious picnic!