No added sugar apple flapjacks
- 2 large cooking apples
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 cup of sultanas (or sub for raisins or mixed fruit)
- 2 cups of oats (gluten free if needed)
- Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Peel, core and chop the apples then add to a pan with the lemon juice. Cook over a medium heat until the apples have broken down and are all mushy.
- Remove the pan from the heat then stir in the dried fruit,
- Leave the apples and dried fruit mixture to cool, which allows the fruit to soak up all of the apple juices.
- Once cooled, stir the oats and cinnamon into the fruit mix.
- Line an 8″ square baking tray with greaseproof paper and pour the mixture into the tray, pressing down evenly.
- Pop the tray into a preheated oven at 180c for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from the tray and slicing into 12 bars.
- The flapjacks are moist from the apples, so once sliced, I wrap them in cling film and store in the fridge so they firm up a little more.
- Perfect after school snacking!