Oaty chickpea crackers, makes about 24
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 110g oats (can be gluten free)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 60ml olive oil
- Add the drained chickpeas to a food processor and blitz until they are smooth
- Add in the oats, garlic and lemon juice before blitzing again
- With the processor running, slowly add in the olive oil, and blitz until the dough comes together
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and dollop the dough on top, then cover with another sheet of baking paper and either roll out, or just squash the dough out flat with your hands to about 1/2 cm thick (kids love this bit!)
- Score the dough into cracker pieces, I did 6 x 4 pieces, to make it easy to break up once baked and prick with a fork all over to ensure an even bake (another good kid friendly job!)
- Pop the baking tray into a preheated oven at 180c for 45 minutes until the crackers are golden, then leave to cool before breaking into pieces and eating!
- These crackers are great for babies who are starting to feed themselves, but equally as good for adults, dipped in hummus or guacamole, or served with cheese and chutney and a glass of red wine!