Banana and blueberry quinoa flapjack bars, makes 9 big chunks
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- Teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 150g oats (could use gluten free)
- 100g cooked quinoa
- 30g raisins
- 100g blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180c and line an 8 inch square baking tin with greaseproof baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add in the oats, quinoa and raisins and mix well.
- Add in the blueberries and stir carefully, so as not to break up the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and into the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until the top is a light golden brown colour.
- Allow to cool before slicing up into chunks.
- This recipe is great to mix and match – try dried apricots or cranberries instead of raisins, or raspberries or strawberries instead of blueberries.
- My kids LOVE these bars – perfect for breakfast, picnics and snacking on the go!