Broccoli, leek and fennel soup
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 large leek
- 1 head of broccoli
- 500ml vegetable stock (I use bouillon powder)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Toasted mixed seeds and oatcakes to serve
- Slice the garlic and leek roughly, and add to a pan with the coconut oil and fennel seeds. Cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer for a minute before adding in the broccoli.
- Bring up to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool a little before ladling into a blender to blitz until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve with toasted seeds and crumbled oatcakes on top – delicious!
- I also like to add asparagus to this soup when it is in season (late Spring time), as featured in my Asparagus blog.