Butternut squash and pepper soup
- 1 butternut squash, about 400g
- 2 red peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinammon
- 500ml vegetable stock (I use bouillon powder)
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the butternut squash, discard the seeds and cut the flesh into chunks about 1cm square and put into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle over the spices, season, and drizzle with one tablespoon of the oil before putting into a preheated oven at 180c for 40 minutes until the squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, slice the peppers and stir fry in the remaining oil until cooked and set aside.
- Once all the vegetables are cooked, add to a blender with the stock and blitz until smooth.
- I love to serve this with a sprinkle of chilli flakes for a kick and a hunk of sourdough bread.