Fennel, new potato and tomato stew
- 1kg fennel bulbs (about 3 medium sized ones)
- 600g new potatoes, halved
- 2 onions, chopped
- 300g cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 600ml passata
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- 400g chickpeas, drained
- 75g pitted olives
- Salt and pepper
- Trim the fennel bulbs, remove the outer layer, then chop the bulbs into wedges, about 8 per bulb. Put the wedges into a roasting tray.
- Add the potatoes, onions, cherry tomatoes, garlic and olive oil, then season with salt and pepper and put into a preheated oven for an hour, stirring well after 30 minutes.
- Combine the passata with 150ml water and the harissa paste in a jug.
- After an hour, take the vegetables out of the oven, then pour over the passata mixture and stir it in well.
- Add the chickpeas and olives, then return to the oven for 20 minutes or so until the sauce is thick and bubbling.
- Serve with a hunk of bread for a deliciously filling dinner. Makes amazing leftovers too!