Mixed vegetable and ginger casserole, serves 4
- 800ml vegetable stock (I use bouillon powder)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1600g mixed vegetables, cut into large chunks (I like to use butternut squash, onions, carrots, parsnips, celeriac, leeks and turnips)
- 4cm fresh root ginger, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Place the stock, paprika, thyme and garlic into a large casserole, season and stir well.
- Add the vegetables and ginger, and bake, covered, in a preheated oven at 200c for 1 1/4 hours.
- Serve with your choice of protein and grain – stir fried tofu chunks, baked fish fillets or garlicky chicken breast all work very well, and I love this on top of quinoa or wholegrain brown rice.