Turmeric lentil bake, serves 4,
Recipe taken from the G Plan diet (book available via Amazon here)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 225g dried red lentils
- 600ml vegetable stock (I use bouillon powder)
- 200g spinach
- 50g ground almonds
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat and add the garlic, stirring for 2 minutes, before adding the spices and herbs.
- Add the lentils and stock to the pan, stir well, then add the vegetables.
- Increase the heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed by the lentils.
- Stir in the spinach and season, then pour the mixture into an oven proof dish and top with the ground almonds.
- Into a preheated oven at 200c, to bake for 20 minutes or until the topping is golden and the lentil mixture is bubbling underneath.